Castres have appealed against European Rugby Cup’s decision to suspend Ismaela Lassissi for one year.
The 32-year-old flanker was punished after being charged with biting Munster prop Peter Clohessy on the arm during their Heineken Cup clash on January 11.
Munster lodged a complaint to ERC, who decided last week to impose the 12-month ban.
But Castres sporting director Jacques Cauquil, whose club had until tonight to lodge an appeal, told www.lequipe.fr: ‘‘We have put together a medical file which will allow to show the sincerity of Ismaela Lassissi, who is claiming his innocence.’’
Castres coach Remi Tremoulet had earlier admitted the loss of Lassissi would hit his team hard.
He told L’Equipe: ‘‘This incident affected us a lot and we will try to take a positive motivation out of it.
‘‘But we should not hide the fact that Lassissi’s absence from the club will have a very negative effect.
‘‘Having to do without a player like him will be very difficult for us. It was a big blow, psychologically as well as on a pure sporting basis.
‘‘This is another difficulty that we will have to overcome.’’