Hopes are high Cork’s jumps meeting will go ahead on Saturday after the course passed an inspection this morning.
Waterlogging had been the problem but the track is raceable and no further inspections are planned unless the weather deteriorates.
“They are happy enough racing can go ahead at present, but there is an unsettled forecast over the coming days, so they are going to keep an eye on it,” said Irish Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone.
“The track is fit for racing so all we can do is monitor the situation and if there is a serious concern then we will have to do something about it, but at the moment we’re OK.”
The going is described as heavy.