Ffos Las are optimistic of staging their jumps meeting on Sunday after the Welsh course passed an 8am inspection today.
There has been no National Hunt action since Plumpton on January 3 and Ffos Las even lost their Welsh Champion Hurdle fixture last Saturday.
However, the situation is a lot brighter now with Britain’s newest track getting ready to swing back into action.
Clerk of the course Tim Long said: “The thaw has continued and it only got down to plus two overnight.
“We have a favourable forecast and it is all systems go.
“It has improved so much in the last 48 hours.”
Officials at Huntingdon have not given up hope of racing tomorrow with the track subject to a further inspection at 1pm today after an initial look at 8am proved inconclusive.
It dipped just below freezing overnight but predicted day time temperatures have been scaled back by forecasters.
Clerk of the course Andrew Morris said: “We’ll have another look at 1pm.
“The temperature dipped marginally below freezing last night and we had a 45 minute flurry of snow.
“The course has improved a little but we are not raceable at present so we felt it prudent to have another look.
“I’m a bit more downbeat than I was at this time yesterday as we were predicted plus five but that has dropped to plus three.”
The thaw did not come in time for Musselburgh who have had to abandon their two-day fixture planned for Friday and Saturday.
Temperatures have failed to rise considerably and the track was even hit by a light dusting of snow last night which was the final nail in the coffin.
Clerk of the course Anthea Morshead said: “We’ve had to abandon both fixtures.
“We are very disappointed but we even had a light dusting of snow last night.
“The temperatures have not risen and instead of improvement we’ve had none at all.
“We have to be fair to everybody and let them know where we stand but it’s a great shame as it was a great effort by everybody to put the extra meeting on.”
Saturday’s jumps card at Kempton is subject to a 3pm inspection today and if that is lost the Sunbury track will hold an all-weather card instead while Wetherby’s Saturday fixture is subject to an 8am inspection tomorrow.
Clerk of the course Jonjo Sanderson said: “We had more snow last night so unfortunately we have gone backwards.”
Over in Ireland prospects for Thurles’ rescheduled meeting look good on Saturday while Naas is touch and go.
Fairyhouse are confident of racing on Sunday but Cork looks doubtful.
There are three all-weather meetings today after Lingfield and Wolverhampton both got the thumbs up after early-morning precautionary inspections while no problems were reported at Southwell.