Maguire weighs up Two Rockers options ahead of Irish Rules debut
The eight-year-old achieved a rating in the 140s over hurdles when trained by Alan King, but disappointed in Britain last season and joined Maguire late in 2014.
He has made a fine start for his new trainer in the point-to-point sphere, winning three of his four starts, and is as short as 8-1 for the Foxhunter Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.
Maguire has warned, however, his charge is far from certain to head to Prestbury Park next month.
“We’re just sitting tight and we’ll see what’s likely to turn up in the Navan race before we make a decision,” Maguire said. “He’s run in four point-to-points for us, he’s won three and was unlucky the last day at the last when it looked like he would have won (unseated rider).
“He has an engine, but he’s obviously had a few problems along the way as well. He’s in good heart at the moment, though. It’s all a bit up in the air at the moment.
“There are a few options coming up for him and we’ll just wait and see what we do. I have another horse for the Cheltenham race.”
The horse in question is Seventh Sky, who like Two Rockers is owned by Masterson Holdings and was formerly trained by King.
Meanwhile Connections of More Of That will not make an immediate decision on whether Jonjo O’Neill’s charge will defend his crown in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle after he was found to have bled following a workout on Wednesday morning.
The JP McManus-owned seven-year-old stretched his unbeaten record to five when lowering the colours of Annie Power at last year’s Cheltenham Festival, but was bitterly disappointing on his return in Newbury’s Long Distance Hurdle in November.
More Of That has since undergone a breathing operation and it had been hoped he would return to Prestbury Park in March, but his participation is now in doubt.
McManus’ racing manager, Frank Berry, said: “He bled after working yesterday morning and we’ll just have to see he is.
“You never know with these things. We might have more news later in the week.”




