Mann also said on Wednesday the decision to stage the game at the Cork venue would deny several supporters the chance to watch it.
“I am sorry for all the people who won’t be able to go see Limerick and Cork play,” he told Limerick’s 95FM. “We spoke with the Munster Council about the capacity of Páirc Uí Chaoimh and I said it wasn’t sufficient for the anticipated attendance. This decision does not make sense.
“The supporter is the victim in all this. Our hurlers have no issue where the game is played. I do have an issue that so many supporters are being deprived of the opportunity of going to a Munster final. I don’t use that word loosely.”
However, it has been confirmed that the province’s competitions control committee’s backing for Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Tuesday night was unanimous and Limerick were represented in Arás Mumhan.
Although Mann revealed on Wednesday that Limerick had expressed reservations about Páirc Uí Chaoimh to the Munster Council, he previously said publicly that they had no issue with the game being fixed for Cork. While speaking to a local Limerick newspaper after the win over Tipperary, county secretary Mike O’Riordan said: “If Limerick meet Cork, the game will be in Cork.”
Contacted yesterday, Munster chairman Robert Frost preferred not to respond to Mann’s remarks.
Sources maintain the final Páirc Uí Chaoimh venue could climb close to 40,000. Prior to remedial work which has commenced at the stadium, the revised capacity was 32,168.