The third leg of the Donegal International Rally will not take place tomorrow following the death of a spectator today.
The 18-year-old man was accidentally struck by a rally car at Ballyarr in Milford during Special Stage 11 of the Donegal International Rally. He is believed to have been standing in the road when a car came over the crest of a hill at high speed.
The man, believed to be from the Strabane area of the North, was pronounced dead at the scene at Garrygort near Milford.
The organisers issued a statement this evening confirming the news.
"Donegal Motor Club regret that following an incident on Stage 11 of the Donegal International Rally, at approx 2.45pm today, a spectator attending the Rally was fatally injured," the statement said.
"We wish to extend our sympathies to the spectator's family and friends and as a mark of respect the Motor Club has decided that the third leg of the rally, the Sunday stages will not take place."
Meanwhile, event results will be declared later.
Overall times at the end of S.S. 11:
1. E. Donnelly/P. Kiely (Skoda Fabia WRC) 1h. 14m. 50.7s.
2. K. Lynch/F. Regan (Ford Focus WRC) 1h. 15m. 10.0s.
3. G. MacHale (Ford Focus WRC) 1h. 15m. 12.3s.
4. E. Boland/D. Morrissey (Subaru WRC) 1h. 16m. 16.5s.
5. D. Doherty/M. Doherty (Subaru WRC) 1h. 18m. 10.4s.
6. N. Maguire/E. Sherry (Subaru WRC) 1h. 18m. 35.2s.