Central Mental Hospital has 38 on waiting list for 111 beds, Cork court told
Cork Circuit Criminal Court heard that the reason the Central Mental Hospital was unable to accept man was due to the fact that all 100 male beds and 11 female beds at the hospital were full. File picture: Colin Keegan, Collins Dublin
The judicial order to send a man who has spent over eight months in prison to the Central Mental Hospital (CMH) is to be made again on Thursday, even though the CMH was unable to admit him last week because they are full and already have a lengthy waiting list.
Judge Helen Boyle said that the prosecution and defence were both of the view that an order should be made again to have 58-year-old Patrick Sibanyoni of Dundanion Lodge, Blackrock, Cork, sent to the CMH for treatment because his psychiatric condition is deteriorating in prison.



