Officers' association says little has changed to halt decline of Defence Forces

Officers' association says little has changed to halt decline of Defence Forces

The Representative Association for Commissioned Officers told the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence that strength across all the Defence Forces continues to decline and government plans to date don’t show anything likely to halt this trend. File photo: Sam Boal/RollingNews.ie

The Government is failing to halt the continuing decline of the Defence Forces and has been criticised by the officers’ association for plans which they say lack meaningful investment, reform and a roadmap to save the country’s military.

Leaders of RACO (Representative Association for Commissioned Officers) told a sitting of the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence on Tuesday afternoon that little has changed in righting problems which it previously highlighted to the same committee in 2019 and 2021.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited