The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) issued 12 Closure Orders and one Prohibition Order on food businesses in July.
They were for breaches of food safety legislation, and the Enforcement Orders were issued by environmental health officers in the Health Service Executive (HSE).
A Closure Order is served where there is deemed to be a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises, or where an Improvement Order is not complied with.
It can lead to the immediate closure of all or part of the food premises, or all or some of its activities.
Dr Pamela Byrne, Chief Executive of the FSAI said is of the utmost importance that consumers are confident at all times that the food they are purchasing and eating is safe.
She said: "There are simply no excuses for putting consumers’ health at risk through sub-standard food hygiene practices. The summer months are busy months for food businesses and systems must be put in place to cope with the increase in customers.
"We are re-emphasising to all food businesses that they must comply with food safety and hygiene laws at all times. It is essential that all food businesses have the appropriate food safety management systems and procedures in place and that all staff are fully trained to ensure these systems and procedures are adhered to all times."
· Blueberries “Pop Up” (restaurant), No. 13 Lower Cork Street, Mitchelstown, Cork
· Fade Street Social (restaurant), 4-6 Fade Street, Dublin 2
· The Spice House (restaurant), 2 Church Street, Cavan
· Nite Star (take away), Main Street, Glenties, Donegal
· Majas Virtue (food stall), Trading at Farmleigh Estate, Phoenix Park, Castleknock, Dublin 15
· Chen’s Chinese Take Away, Parnell Street, Mountmellick, Laois
· Cashel Take Away Foodstall, Cashel, Achill, Mayo
· The Jolly Roger (public house) (closed activity - food production, handling and storage), Sherkin Island, Skibbereen, Cork
· Sandyford House (restaurant) (closed area: kitchen and food service areas only),Sandyford Village, Sandyford, Dublin 18
· Azeem Meat and Grocery (butcher), 2 Pound Street, Edgeworthstown, Longford
· Lucky Dragon (take away), 70 Fassaugh Avenue, Cabra, Dublin 7
· Craigs Fresh (wholesale), Drumnabratty, Raphoe, Donegal
· Kearney's Restaurant, Main Street, Tallow, Waterford