Trial of contractor over carbon monoxide poisoning begin

A heating and plumbing contractor has gone on trial for the manslaughter of a 35-year-old woman who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a hotel in west Cork three years ago.

Trial of contractor over carbon monoxide poisoning begin

A heating and plumbing contractor has gone on trial for the manslaughter of a 35-year-old woman who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a hotel in west Cork three years ago.

Richard Davis from Killanully, Ballygarvan, Co Cork denies the manslaughter of Miriam Reidy at the Trident Hotel in Kinsale on January 9, 2011.

The Court heard the state is not alleging Mr Davis deliberately set out to kill or injure Ms Reidy, but that the 45-year-old was guilty of her manslaughter through criminal negligence by failing to meet the standards expected of him.

Ms Reid was one of a group of around 30 people attending a hen party for her cousin.

The trial is expected to last a number of weeks.

More in this section

IE_180_logo
Price info

Subscribe to unlock unlimited digital access.
Cancel anytime.

Terms and conditions apply

Puzzles logo
IE-logo

Puzzles hub

Visit our brain gym where you will find simple and cryptic crosswords, sudoku puzzles and much more. Updated at midnight every day. PS ... We would love to hear your feedback on the section right HERE.

Puzzles logo
IE-logo

Puzzles hub

Visit our brain gym where you will find simple and cryptic crosswords, sudoku puzzles and much more. Updated at midnight every day. PS ... We would love to hear your feedback on the section right HERE.