Insurance software firm announces 75 jobs for Dublin

Guidewire Software has announced 75 new jobs for its centre in Blanchardstown in Dublin this morning.

Insurance software firm announces 75 jobs for Dublin

Guidewire Software has announced 75 new jobs for its centre in Blanchardstown in Dublin this morning.

The company, which provides software solutions to the insurance industry, was started in Silicon Valley but set up its Dublin branch two years ago.

The jobs announcement today will bring to 125 the number of people the company expects to employ in Ireland.

Niall Lalor, who leads the Guidewire Services Centre, outlines the type of people they are looking for to join the team.

Mr Lalor said: "80% of the roles are for graduates and the other 20% are for experienced professionals that we are looking to lead teams.

"The type of people we want to join Guidewire are extremely driven people that are passionate about software development and people that want to solve tough technical problems every day."

The technical talent in Dublin convinced Guidewire to also create its fourth Regional Development Centre there.

It joins Guidewire teams in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tokyo, and Toronto as a product development operation.

Jeremy Henrickson, vice president, Product Development, Guidewire, said: "We are thrilled by the exceptional technical talent that we’ve found in Dublin. Guidewire’s goal is to build the best software possible for our industry.

"Our current Dublin team has already demonstrated their commitment to our core principles of product quality and long-term orientation. We are looking forward to the continued expansion of the team."

The 75 new roles on offer in Dublin include Graduate/Entry Level Software Consultants, experienced Software Consultants, experienced Software Developers and an experienced Software Product Manager.

The firm is recruiting straight away for the positions.

More in this section

War of Independence Podcast

A special four-part series hosted by Mick Clifford

Available on
www.irishexaminer.com/podcasts

Commemorating 100 years since the War of Independence