Bord Gáis has this evening said that it has found no evidence of a natural-gas leak at the Dublin property where the bodies of a man and a woman in their 60s were found today.
Their bodies were discovered at around 1pm today in a flat at a local authority housing complex at Drumalee Court, off the North Circular Road.
Bord Gáis said that there has been no consumption of natural gas at the property for a number of years.
Gardaí say while the cause of their deaths has yet to be established, no foul play is suspected, and it is now believed that they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A Garda forensic team is carrying out a technical examination of the property, located in the senior citizens complex which is owned by Dublin City Council.
A relative of the man, who had previously been homeless, said that he was last seen alive at the weekend.
"The Corporation were trying to get in to find out," he said.
"Somebody hadn't seen him and he wasn't answering his phone. So they came up and broke in the door and found that everything was all right."
Junior Minister Joe Costello knew the man who died.
"Everybody here is shocked by what happened," he said. "It's been an absolute tragedy that people should die in such circumstances."