Fire crews tackle blaze on 'volatile gas cylinder'

Fire crews in Limerick are continuing to water-down a "highly volatile gas cylinder" found during a large warehouse fire yesterday evening.

Fire crews in Limerick are continuing to water-down a "highly volatile gas cylinder" found during a large warehouse fire yesterday evening.

The city's fire service were alerted to the blaze shortly after 7pm yesterday and have been "cooling" the cyclinder ever since.

A cordon of 150 meters has also been set up around the warehouse off Mulgrave Street.

Fire crews are expected to continue to stabilise the cylinder until 9.30pm tonight.

Meanwhile, a separate fire at a restaurant, also on Mulgrave Street in the early hours of this morning, is believed to have been the caused by an electrical fault.

A person sleeping upstairs in the building at the time of the blaze, managed to escape through an upstairs window.

More in this section

Puzzles logo
IE-logo

Puzzles hub

Visit our brain gym where you will find simple and cryptic crosswords, sudoku puzzles and much more. Updated at midnight every day.

Puzzles logo
IE-logo

Puzzles hub

Visit our brain gym where you will find simple and cryptic crosswords, sudoku puzzles and much more. Updated at midnight every day.