Victims and relatives of those who were killed in the Stardust disaster are gathering on Dublin's northside for a special memorial mass today.
It is 25 years since the fatal blaze in which 48 people died.
The Stardust fire is one of the worst fires Ireland has ever seen.
The Stardust was a disco located on Kilmore Road in Artane.
On Friday night the 13th of February 1981 hundreds of young people gathered for a Valentine’s disco at the club.
During the evening, two seats in a closed off area caught fire.
An attempt was made to put the small fire out but it spread rapidly throughout the venue with t he ceiling tiles and walls quickly being engulfed.
Thick black smoke quickly filled the hall causing panic and a stampede among the dancers.
Many exits were either locked with chains or blocked and people could not escape the fire.
There were bars on the windows which also prevented any escape from the blaze.
The Fire Brigade and ambulance crews could do little to save those trapped.
The entire city’s emergency service was activated to assist in the rescue effort.
The Mater, Jervis Street, the Richmond, Doctor Stevens’ and St Vincent Hospitals all received casualties.
The city morgue became overloaded and army personnel erected tents in the yard of the facility to cope with the high number of fatalities.
In all 48 people died with many more suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Many safety recommendations came after the tragedy, some have yet to be implemented.