A 39-year-old man was tonight arrested by detectives investigating the £26.5m (€39m) Northern Bank robbery in Belfast.
The 39-year-old man was arrested in Belfast and was being questioned at Antrim police station under the Terrorism Act.
The arrest came just hours after a man was charged with making false statements to police investigating the heist.
Martin McAliskey denies a charge which relates to the purchase, possession and sale of a white Ford Transit van believed to have been used in the robbery.
The 42-year-old, of Ballybeg Road, Coalisland, Co Tyrone, was granted bail at Belfast Magistrates’ Court and will reappear on December 5.
Chief Constable Sir Hugh Orde has blamed the IRA for clearing the vaults at the Northern Bank’s Belfast headquarters.
Building contractor Dominic McEvoy, 23, of Kilcoo, Co Down, became the first man to be charged with the robbery when he appeared in court on Friday.
He was remanded in custody after also being accused of holding a bank supervisor and his wife hostage and possession of a gun or imitation firearm.
Another man was arrested for questioning this morning about the heist.
The 22-year-old was detained in the village of Kilcoo.
Tonight’s arrest brings to seven the number of men detained by detectives investigating the robbery.
Two of those questioned were released without charge, two have been charged and three remain in police custody.
Earlier today Belfast Magistrates Court heard McAliskey was questioned by detectives between Thursday and Saturday last week.
Detective Inspector Lindsay McNair said she could connect the defendant to the charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.
She told the court that when she put the charge to McAliskey, he replied: “Absolutely not.”
The self-employed salesman was granted bail of £1,000 and ordered to report to police in Dungannon once a week before he reappears in four weeks’ time.