Sports management firm Pro10 declined to respond to the news after a trawl of Olympic Council of Ireland board minutes since THG lost the contract found no evidence of any discussion about the new firm.
Since the multi-million euro ticket touting scandal began at the start of this month, repeated questions have been raised over how and why Pro10 was given the lucrative license to re-sell Ireland’s tickets for Brazil.
- Whether the contract, awarded late last year, was tendered for at any stage or simply provided to the company;
- What criteria were outlined to ensure the contracts demands could be met and whether any criteria changes took place compared to the previous contract awarded to THG for the London 2012 games?
- Why and how Pro10 — which was incorporated on May 20, 2015 by a firm called KMEPRO Ltd which itself was only set up on April 28 2015 — was given such a high-profile contract despite limited experience and a lack of staff in Rio?
- And who was involved in the decision to award the ticket resale contract to Pro10.
Before and since his arrest in Rio, OCI president Pat Hickey has insisted the contract of Pro10 was decided by the entire executive committee of the sporting organisation.
However, in a letter sent to all members of the executive committee by the OCI’s legal team Arthur Cox over the weekend, the solicitors said there is no evidence the decision was ever formally raised with the board.
The letter said an Arthur Cox team has been examining all board meeting minutes of the OCI since March 2014 — when THG lost the contract to re-sell OCI tickets — to see if and when any reference to Pro10 was made.
However, it has concluded that the study “shows the appointment of Pro10 was not brought to the attention of, or approved by, the OCI executive committee”.
This raises fresh questions over whether Mr Hickey awarded the contract by himself despite his claims the move was a full executive committee decision.