Garda warning as phone scam spreads
In a renewed alert, gardaí said there had been a “significant increase” in reports of the scams since a first warning in early August.
Gardaí said 19 people had lost “substantial sums”.
Digital Bundle Plus Clubber TV
LIMITED OFFERIn a renewed alert, gardaí said there had been a “significant increase” in reports of the scams since a first warning in early August.
Gardaí said 19 people had lost “substantial sums”.
You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in
One Ultimate Bundle
No obligation. Ts&Cs apply.
CONNECT WITH US TODAY
Be the first to know the latest news and updates
Newsletter
Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.
Monday, August 17, 2026 - 4:00 PM
Monday, August 17, 2026 - 2:00 PM
Monday, August 17, 2026 - 3:00 PM
© Examiner Echo Group Limited