Mellow yellow: Well, hello sunshine, says
It’s spring – officially – and things are beginning to brighten up not least due to the annual cameo of yellow. Citrus, butter, primrose, mustard, honey, gold, corn – these sunny shades are equal parts warm
Sure, the weather may be a tad capricious, but raising the style temperature has never been easier. Now, that’s something to smile about.
New to the trend? Pair yellow with a neutral duo like black and white.
Feeling brave? Up the ante with a bright accessory in a trending shade like red or violet.
Choosing the wrong shade of yellow can have iffy consequences.
Try this skin tone tip: Olive? Choose lemon and vivid brights. Pale? Opt for mustard and darker yellow hues.
Make summer a breeze with the €17 fuss-free dress from Penneys that’s creating, well, quite the fuss. We can see why!
Need a lift? Wearing yellow is thought to increase optimism and positivity in both mind and mood. Not a bad perk.
GET THE TREND
- Blouse with adjustable waistband, €39.95, pleated trousers with buttons, €49.95, Zara
- Selected Femme heart jumper Arnotts, €59.99
- Autograph leather A-line midi skirt, M&S, €279
- Bead hoop earrings, Mango, €12.95
- Autograph overcoat, M&S, €140
- M&S Collection multi-strap mules, M&S, €27
- Waist belt, Zara, €15.95
- Strappy dress, Penneys, €17
- Oscar de la Renta earrings, Loulerie, €479
- Midi dress with belt, Zara, €49.95
& Other Stories
H&M – Opera Lane (021-4278086) and other branches
Monsoon – Patrick Street (021-4279488) and other branches
Penneys – Patrick Street (021-4271936) and other branches
Zara – Mahon Point SC (021-4972320) and other branches