The five day event concludes today at Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre.
This was an opportunity for manufacturers to showcase products to a wider European and world audience.
* Case IH unveiled its autonomous tractor to a European audience.
* John Deere had their new SESAM (Sustainable Energy Supply for Agricultural Machinery) tractor on display.
* In other debuts, Berthoud unveiled its new line of Hermes tractor-mounted sprayers equipped with ALSR rear-folding booms of 15, 16 or 18 metres.
Their optimised weight and centre of gravity (closer to the tractor) improve weight distribution in a stylishly modern and compact design.
* JCB Agriculture launched its brand new 419S.
While maintaining the 183hp Cummins engine of the 418S, it is now compliant with Stage 4 emission regulations, thanks to the use of diesel exhaust fluid. It also features an AutoCommand cab that is 15% bigger than in the 418S.
* New Holland highlighted their new cooling system design. ‘Dual loop’ and ‘thermal averaging’ concepts help to reduce the size of the radiator package and, consequently, the cooling fan’s power requirement.
* Bobcat flexed their muscles in the agricultural section with the new TL30.60 Agri compact model.
It has the Bobcat D34 Stage IV/Tier 4 Final engine, specially developed and manufactured for agriculture use in this range’s five models with maximum lifting capacities between 2.6 and 3.8 tonne and lifting heights of between 6 and 7m.
* Krone showed mid-range BiG X 700 and 770 models powered by Liebherr V8 engines for high torque even at low engine speeds.
The familiar PowerSplit and ConstantPower features remain, with PowerSplit automatically adapting engine output to harvest conditions.
* The highlight of the Amazone display was the new Cataya power harrow/conventional drill combination, which combines a radical peg wheel metering system with state-of-the-art control technology.
It features a half-side, automatic headland shut-off, a 1,270-litre seed tank, the electrically-driven Precis metering system, and an impressive SmartCenter operator station.
* Claydon launched its brand new 3m Hybrid T3 trailed drill at SIMA 2017.
Based on the crop establishment which the company perfected over the last 15 years, the T3 extends their range of hybrid trailed drills to five models.
* Mitas, part of the Trelleborg Group, unveiled the 1000/50 R 25 SFT, a tyre for high-horsepower specialised agricultural machinery such as potato harvesters and self-propelled spreaders.
Flexible, ultra-strong sidewalls allow low inflation pressures for high load-carrying capacities, gentle ground handling and higher yields.
* Rousseau showcased the award winning E-Kastor arm mower.
This is a hybrid model with electrical management of the rotor and hydraulic management of movements.
It is Rousseau’s ambition that this is a first step towards a full electric arm mower.