They are the finalists in the food board’s inaugural Origin Green Farmer Awards, and the overall winners will be named on October 21.
Bord Bia Chief Executive Aidan Cotter said the farmers are producing what the market demands in a natural, sustainable manner, which is measured by auditing and carbon footprinting their farms.
Ireland is the first country to do this, which sets us apart from our international competitors, said Mr Cotter.
The finalists are:
* Donal O’Connor, Drinagh, Dunmanway, Co Cork, Drinagh Co-op
* John Joe & Theresa O’Sullivan, Rosscarbery, Co Cork, Lisavaird Co-op
* Dermot A Walsh, Lislevane, Co Cork, Barryroe Co-op.
* Brendan Brady, Innishannon, Co Cork, Bandon Co-op.
* Thomas Buckley, Dublin Pike, Co Cork, Clóna Dairy.
* Tim Twomey, Banteer, Co Cork, North Cork Co-op.
* Johnny Lane, Kiskeam, Mallow, Co Cork, Boherbue Co-op.
* John Hannigan, Dromcollogher, Co Limerick, Kerry Co-op.
* Thomas Culloty, Tralee, Lee Strand.
* Michael Power, Urlingford, Co Kilkenny, Glanbia.
* Tony McCormack, Longford, Aurivo.
* Eamonn Gargan, Kells, Co Meath, Lakeland Dairies.
* Dermot Sherry, Monaghan, LacPatrick.
* Patrick Brennan, Ballingarry, Roscrea, Co Tipperary, Arrabawn.
* Peter, Sheila & Simon Breen, Emly, Co Tipperary, Tipperary Co-op.
* Patricia & Patrick Shine, Ardfinnan, Co Tipperary, Dairygold Co-op.
* Kathleen O’Riordan, Enniskeane, Co Cork.
* Alfie Kirwan, Ballinasloe, Co Galway.
* Brendan Kirk, Castlebellingham, Co Louth.
* Kieran Hallahan, Cappoquin, Co Waterford.
* Neville Myles, Ballyshannon, Co Donegal.
* Kenneth Graham, Mountrath, Co Laois.
* Michael O’Sullivan, Charleville, Co Cork.
* Shaun Toland, Carrigans, Co Donegal.
* Kieran Dooley, Tullamore, Co Offaly.
* Pat & Tom Redmond, Craanford, Gorey, Co Wexford.
* William Nolan, Elphin, Co Roscommon.
* Tim O’Connell, Trim, Co Meath.