Prince Harry and wife Meghan ‘moving back to Britain this month’
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan. FIle picture: PA
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are planning to return to live in Britain, six years after leaving for the US, it has been reported.
The couple and their two children, Archie,7, and Lilibet, 5, are expected to relocate later this month to a non-royal residence.
The property is believed to be outside London, and the children are enrolled to start school in September, the reported.
Britain's King Charles was informed on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law would return to Britain, according to the newspaper.
It comes after the couple, who have lived in California since 2020, had a reunion with the king last month at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.
The king is said to welcome the opportunity to see more of his family in a personal capacity but there will be no change in their status as private individuals after relinquishing their official working roles within the royal family.
Prince William and his wife Catherine are said to have also been informed of the decision.
Harry and Meghan are expected to retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal, where they went on holiday earlier this summer.
Read More
The couple’s security arrangements have not been disclosed.
The long-running issue over their security meant that Harry did not bring Meghan, 45, or their children to events in London last month, as had been originally planned.
Harry, 41, has previously stressed he would not feel safe bringing his family back to the UK without police protection.
In May 2025, after losing a legal challenge over his security in the UK, he said: “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.”
In an interview with the BBC after the ruling, Harry said he “would love a reconciliation” with the royal family.
He said: “There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” but he had now “forgiven” them.
“I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious.”
Harry added the dispute over his security had “always been the sticking point”.
Asked whether he had asked the king to intervene in the dispute over security, he said: “I never asked him to intervene – I asked him to step out of the way and let the experts do their jobs.”
Last month, the prince and six other co-claimants lost their privacy case against the publishers of the in London. The claimants, who included Doreen Lawrence and Elton John, sued over allegations of unlawful information gathering. Their claims were dismissed in their entirety by Mr Justice Nicklin.
Last year Harry and Meghan signed a fresh multi-year film and television deal with Netflix, after media reports suggested poor viewing figures meant the streaming company might not renew its contract with them.
Harry and Meghan struck the original five-year deal in 2020, reportedly worth $100m, which resulted in a number of projects, including her lifestyle series .
Not all the couple’s forays into content creation have been commercially successful. In 2023, a $20m deal they had signed with Spotify to produce podcasts came to an end after just 12 episodes.




