A dog in the UK has set fire to a kitchen while its owners were out on the school run after jumping up at a cooker.
The family pet switched on two electric hobs after bounding up at the oven's dials at a semi-detached house in Sutton Drive, Stoke-on-Trent.
The hob then ignited clothing placed on the cooker top, with flames spreading to nearby cupboards.
Smoke alarms caught the attention of neighbours at about 9.10am on Thursday, who then alerted the fire brigade, Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said.
Dog rescued after starting kitchen fire... Yes you read it right! Find out more here:https://t.co/8OvtBWHZmD pic.twitter.com/Z0ydDXO4Pd— Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service (@StaffsFire) July 13, 2017
The dog was rescued unharmed.
John Kitchener, from the fire service, added: "Thankfully the dog was not injured during this fire but things could easily have been very different."