The 1997 release — containing singles such as Paranoid Android and Karma Police — fended off albums by Nirvana and Oasis to top the list of greats.
Radiohead’s third album was chosen by readers of Q magazine, who were asked to name the best album released in the past 25 years.
The band also took three other places in the top 30 — compiled to mark 25 years of the magazine — with The Bends at eight, Kid A at 18 and In Rainbows at 23.
OK Computer saw the group, which originally formed in Oxford in 1985, toying with “prog rock”-style suites, in contrast to more straightforward guitar rock they had recorded until then.
The band also used unusual time signatures, including one on the track Let Down in which guitarist Jonny Greenwood is playing in a different time to the rest of his band.
The poll shows the album has had considerable staying power in Q readers’ affections. They voted it the finest release of all time 12 years ago.
The list, to be published in the February edition on sale on December 29, sees Nirvana’s worldwide hit Nevermind in second place, with Oasis taking the next two positions. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? was third while their debut Definitely Maybe was fourth.
U2 also managed a pair of albums in the top 10, with The Joshua Tree at six and Achtung Baby at nine.
In the entire top 250 albums listed by the magazine, U2 have the largest total of releases, while Radiohead have six. Muse and Oasis have five each.
Take That were at 240 with Beautiful World.
1. OK Computer – Radiohead
2. Nevermind – Nirvana
3. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis
4. Definitely Maybe – Oasis
5. Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I’m Not – Arctic Monkeys
6. The Joshua Tree – U2
7. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
8. The Bends – Radiohead
9. Achtung Baby – U2
10. Black Holes And Revelations – Muse
11. Is This It – The Strokes
12. A Rush Of Blood To The Head – Coldplay
13. Parklife – Blur
14. Screamadelica – Primal Scream
15. White Blood Cells – The White Stripes
16. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea – Neutral Milk Hotel
17. Hot Fuss – The Killers
18. Kid A – Radiohead
19. Funeral – Arcade Fire
20. American Idiot – Green Day
21. The Holy Bible – Manic Street Preachers
22. Absolution – Muse
23. In Rainbows – Radiohead
24. Only By The Night – Kings Of Leon
25. Demon Days – Gorillaz
26. Origin Of Symmetry – Muse
27. Appetite For Destruction – Guns N’ Roses
28. Urban Hymns – The Verve
29. Automatic For The People – REM
30. Loveless – My Bloody Valentine