England dressing-room charges dropped against reporter

Charges were withdrawn today in Cape Town, South Africa, against Sunday Mirror journalist Simon Wright, said his lawyer William Booth.

Charges were withdrawn today in Cape Town, South Africa, against Sunday Mirror journalist Simon Wright, said his lawyer William Booth.

Wright was arrested after football fan Pavlos Joseph's intrusion into the England team's dressing room during the World Cup.

He (Wright) had been charged with attempting to defeat the ends of justice, and breaching the Immigration Act.

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited