Hiddink out of running for Inter job

Guus Hiddink has ruled himself out of contention to coach Inter Milan next season, according to his agent.

Guus Hiddink has ruled himself out of contention to coach Inter Milan next season, according to his agent.

The Dutchman, who recently opted to become Turkey coach, is considered one of the candidates for the post left vacant by Jose Mourinho’s departure for Real Madrid.

“Inter asked me last week if Hiddink could be a candidate for the Nerazzurri hotseat,” said Hiddink’s agent Cees van Niewenhuizen to Italian TV Telelombardia.

“They told me that he was the number one candidate on the list.

“I replied that it is impossible because Hiddink has only just started his experience with the Turkish federation and he will not go to the federation and ask them to be freed from his contract. Hiddink wants to respect his contract.

“You can never say no, but I believe it is impossible.”

The former Chelsea manager will take the reins of the Turkish national team in August after his contract with the Russian national team expires this month.

There has also been media speculation that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and England boss Fabio Capello could coach the Nerazzurri next season.

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited