A decision on whether Denman runs in the Argento Chase at Cheltenham on Saturday is expected by tomorrow morning at the latest.
Trainer Paul Nicholls and joint owners Paul Barber and Harry Findlay are set to discuss the matter tonight.
“We are not going to have a meeting until later today, so as yet we don’t know where he’s going to run,” said Barber.
“The decision may be made either tonight or tomorrow morning.
“The horse is in great form.”
The Argento Chase, the feature on Festival Trials Day, is one of two possible prep races before Denman bids to regain the totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup hero which he won in 2008 and was runner-up to stablemate Kauto Star last March.
The other is the Aon Chase at Newbury on February 13, which he won in 2008 and where he is unbeaten in five outings, with a crack at the Irish Hennessy on Sunday week having been ruled out.
Denman, who carried top weight to victory in Newbury’s Hennessy on his seasonal debut in November, is around a 2-1 chance for the Gold Cup on March 19.