Wetherby’s fixture on Saturday still hangs in the balance in light of a mixed forecast.
A thaw had set in at the West Yorkshire venue earlier in the week but there is the possibility of more snow and frost.
“We’ve still got snow on the track. From a distance it doesn’t look, bad but when you get on to it there is still an inch,” said clerk of the course Jonjo Sanderson.
“The forecast says we might get some today and there is chance of a frost tonight. The worrying thing is that it is not thawing any more. For the past couple of days everything was dripping but that is not the case today.
“We are in a better state than we were at the weekend but areas such as the parade ring still need clearing and such like.
“We’ll give it every chance and if it means inspecting on Saturday morning, that is what we’ll do.”