Wincanton in the balance

Officials at Wincanton rate their chances of racing going ahead on Saturday as 50-50.

Officials at Wincanton rate their chances of racing going ahead on Saturday as 50-50.

An inspection has been called for 8am on Friday with the going described as good to soft, frozen in places.

“It’s going to be 50-50. If the forecast is right there is going to be a bit of a thaw on Friday,” said clerk of the course Barry Johnson.

“If the thaw comes and the temperature gets up to four degrees we would have a sporting chance. Friday morning is the key.”

More in this section

IE_180_logo
Price info

Subscribe to unlock unlimited digital access.
Cancel anytime.

Terms and conditions apply

Sport
Newsletter

Latest news from the world of sport, along with the best in opinion from our outstanding team of sports writers

Sign up
IE_logo_newsletters

Select your favourite newsletters and get the best of Irish Examiner delivered to your inbox