The hooded Rocky’s Treasure (4/1), a son of Westerner, always travelled well in the 13-runner contest and he took up the running clearly travelling best after the second last.
The Canny Man was destined for second spot when making a horrendous blunder at the final fence and he faded to finish fourth as Jennys Day filled the runner-up berth, some six lengths adrift of the Mrs Margaret Kiely-owned Rocky’s Treasure.
Queally went away with three winners altogether and he got off the mark aboard the Louis Archdeacon-trained 12-year-old Mountain Lough (7/4) in the open.
Mountain Lough, representing Archdeacon’s wife Michelle, atoned for finishing second to Truckin All Night at Dromahane just seven days earlier by storming clear before the penultimate of the 13 obstacles to slam Ordinary Man by 12 lengths. Mountain Lough could now run in a 0-102 handicap chase over two and a half miles at Killarney in a fortnight’s time.
Archdeacon supplied the Cappagh amateur with his remaining victory aboard Fortune Bound (4/1) in the concluding six-year-old and upwards geldings’ maiden, the race that attracted the biggest field of the day in 15 runners.
Fortune Bound, having been placed on eight previous occasions, swept clear between the final two obstacles to dispose of Templemicheal by six lengths and a tilt at the p2p.ie bumper at Tipperary on May 12th is now on the agenda for the Joe and Kathleen O’Callaghan-owned chesnut.
1) K Cotter’sbr f (Definite Article – Grangeclare Dancer) 11-10 Mr B O’Neill
2) Mrs S Neville’s(FR) 11-5 Mr C L Murphy
3) Monbeg Syndicate’s11-10 Mr P D Collins
12 ran. 1 1/2L, Hd, 8L. (Trd: Colin Bowe)
1) C Hearne’sb f (Milan – Soniadoir) 11-10 Mr J P O’Rourke
2) Mrs L Motherway’s R11-10 Mr J C Barry
3) T P Meagher’s C11-10 Mr J J Slevin
12 ran. 4L, 4L, 3L. (Winner trained by Denis Paul Murphy)
1) Mrs M C Kiely’sb g (Westerner – Fiddlers Bar) 12-1 Mr D L Queally
2) J Draddy & J O’Riordan’s11-10 Mr M C O’Donovan
3) S O’Neill’s F12-1 Mr B O’Neill
13 ran. 6L, 2L, 4L. (Winner trained by Declan Queally)
1) Mrs M Archdeacon’sch g (Anshan – Marlonette) 12-12-1 Mr D L Queally
2) W J Burke’s O11-12-1 Mr T Feeney
3) Mrs M Brennan’s7-12-1 Mr B O’Neill
7 ran. 12L, 10L, 15L. (Winner trained by Louis Archdeacon)
1) J P F Walsh & Mrs K White’sb m (Beneficial – River Mousa) 6-11-10 Mr B O’Neill
2) J J O’Neill’s5-11-10 Mr R Deegan
3) P Buckner’s7-11-10 Mr D L Queally
11 ran. 8L, 4L, 6L. (Winner trained by Colin Bowe)
1) J J Devaney’sb m (Gold Well – Bondi Babe) 5-11-10 Mr B O’Neill
2) Ms A Brislane’s6-11-10 Mr J C Barry
3) P G Higgins & Ms S Donatantonio’s7-11-5 Mr S J P Baragry
10 ran. 6L, 10L, 5L. (Winner trained by Colin Bowe)
1) D McCarthy’sch m (Beneficial – Lady Leila) 6-11-10 Mr M J O’Connor
2) K Purcell’s5-12-1 Mr D L Queally
3) P O’Shea’s(FR) 9-12-1 Mr P D Collins
10 ran. 10L, 8L, 15L. (Trd: DG McCarthy)
1) J & Mrs K O’Callaghan’sch g (Primary – Special Artist) 7-12-1 Mr D L Queally
2) J & D Browne’s7-12-1 Mr E P O’Brien
3) C Clarke’s8-12-1 Mr C W Fennessy
15 ran. 6Ll, 4L, 1L. (Winner trained by Louis Archdeacon)