Over 650,000 join queue for Pittsburgh Steelers v Minnesota Vikings tickets at Croke Park
The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Minnesota Vikings at Croke Park in Dublin on Sept. 28
The NFL is coming to Dublin and the hunt for tickets has reached an unprecedented level of demand.
Tickets went on general sale on Ticketmaster at 12pm for the clash between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Minnesota Vikings at Croke Park on September 28 with prices for this historic fixture ranging from €85 for category 1 to €295 for catergory 7.
But that hasn't put punters off from attending the game as well over 650,000 were in the queue at one point on Tuesday afternoon, a couple of hours or so after the sale began, although there was huge frustration at how slow the queue was progressing.
The tickets for the Vikings and Steelers game in Ireland are going on sale..
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) June 17, 2025
There's over 600,000 people waiting in the queue#PMSLive pic.twitter.com/SINEWIsLlf
Confirmation that the Steelers, six-time Super Bowl champions whose owners have links to Ireland, would be the ‘home’ team for a Dublin tie was made in early February of this year with the Vikings being announced as their opponents back in May.
Since then the Steelers have secured the services of quarterback Aaron Rodgers, which has only increased the interest in the match even further.
Ticketmaster provided an update to those staying strong in the queue at 2.06pm saying: "This is a popular sale and wait times are expected to be long.
"Your place in the queue is secure and there are still tickets available. Thank you for your patience."
Then at 6.16pm the website provided another update which read: "There is now only limited availability for the Dublin Game. There is still availability for the games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium."
It is believed the only tickets available at that time - over six hours after the sale began - were single seats for categories one, two and three which were priced at €250+.
The capacity at Croke Park on the day will be reduced from it's usual total of 82,300 to 76,000 as temporary seating is being installed on Hill 16 and the Nally Terrace.
The government and Dublin City Council are said to be spending almost €10m in bringing this event to the capital with Minister for Arts, Culture, Communications, Media and Sport Patrick O’Donovan defending that outlay back in March with officials estimating the economic benefit could be somewhere in the region of €65 million.
“What I would say is rather than why, why not?” said O’Donovan.
“This is a massive opportunity for us to get into a market and a space that we are not in already.
“We want to make sure we don’t lose a competitive advantage in terms of other cities who might want to eat our supper because the range of global viewership that this will bring to Dublin and Ireland is like nothing we have seen before.
“From those perspectives, the economics, cultural, tourism, political and the historic, this represents a good idea as far as I would be concerned from the Government’s point of view.”






