Alex Cusack has been ruled out of Cricket Ireland's squad for their Intercontinental Cup and two ODIs against Canada.
Cusack requires surgery to cure a long-standing injury problem. He is suffering from chronic compartment syndrome, which happens when the muscles do not have room to expand in the fascia, which surrounds the muscle nerves. His recovery period post-surgery is expected to be around six weeks.
Andre Botha has recovered from his stress fracture and Phil Eaglestone from his side strain, and both are included on the trip. The latest news on Niall O'Brien is that he is recovering well from the operation on his finger, and expects to resume playing before the end of the season.
William Porterfield, Boyd Rankin and Gary Wilson are all required by their respective counties, although Surrey have released Wilson for the ODI's which follow the Intercontinental Cup game.
The squad is:
- Trent Johnston (captain) (Railway Union)
- Andre Botha (North County)
- George Dockrell (Leinster)
- Phil Eaglestone (Strabane)
- Allan Eastwood (Pembroke)
- Nigel Jones (Civil Service North)
- Rory McCann (Instonians)
- John Mooney (North County)
- Kevin O'Brien (Railway Union)
- Andrew Poynter (Clontarf)
- Paul Stirling (Middlesex)
- Albert van der Merwe (The Hills)
- Andrew White (Instonians)
- Gary Wilson (Surrey) - ODI's only
- Phil Simmons (Coach)
- Peter Johnston (Assistant Coach/video analyst)
- Roy Torrens (Manager)
- Kieran O'Reilly (Physio)