At the end of today's six stages of the Dick Bailey Wexford Rally, Dubliner, Michael Barrable, in his Ford Focus WRC leads the Subaru of last year's winner, P.J. McGrath by one minute.
The pair tied on the opening stage while McGrath went eleven seconds ahead after the second stage.
However, Barrable took control on the third stage to move ahead.
Setting a number of fastest times, he steadily built up a significant lead over McGrath.
British driver, Damien Cole in a Ford Focus is third overnight.
Another overseas driver, Washington James (Darrian) heads the two-wheel drive category and holds fourth place.
The rally concludes tomorrow with a further six stages.
1. M. Barrable/D. Falvey (Ford Focus WRC) 1h. 00m. 47s.
2. PJ McGrath/Billy Collins (Subaru WRC) 1h. 01m. 47s.
3. D. Cole/C. Drew (Ford Focus WRC) 1h. 02m. 41s.
4. W. James/D. Roberts (Darrian T90) 1h. 03m. 08s.
5. T. Mulligan/S. Hayde (Ford Escort) 1h. 03m. 18s.
6. J. M. Stafford/A. Ryan (Darrian T90 GTR) 1h. 03m. 34s.
7. T. Doyle/C. Fitzgerald (Renault Clio) 1h. 04m. 19s.
8. N. McCance/F. Regan (Mitsubishi Evo 9) 1h. 04m. 26s.
9. D. McKenna/A. Grennan (Ford Escort) 1h. 04m. 33s.
10. S. Flanagan/B. Duggan (Subaru) 1h. 04m. 34s.