Locked phone of First Dates Ireland star may contain details of issue that led to his death, inquest told

Inquest into Jordan Dunbar’s death heard he had been upset on the morning he tried to take his own life about alleged threat to burn his house down from a man who he claimed had sexually assaulted him a few months earlier
Locked phone of First Dates Ireland star may contain details of issue that led to his death, inquest told

First Dates Ireland star Jordan Dunbar, who died on March 7, 2023. Picture: Collins

A locked mobile phone may contain information about an issue which appeared to upset First Dates Ireland star and TV presenter Jordan Dunbar just prior to his death in tragic circumstances two years ago, an inquest has heard.

A sitting of Dublin District Coroner’s Court was told there was “a legal impasse” over the ability of gardaí to obtain a warrant to access the phone of the late well-known figure within the Irish LGBTQ+ community.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited