Gardaí urge motorists to take 'personal responsibility' on the roads this Easter

Gardaí urge motorists to take 'personal responsibility' on the roads this Easter

Gardaí will take part in a roads policing campaign this bank holiday weekend. File picture: Stephen Collins/Collins

Gardaí have said “it is not inevitable” road deaths will rise this year as they urged motorists to take “personal responsibility” and stay safe on the roads this Easter weekend.

“Unfortunately, we’re up 13 [road deaths] on this time last year,” Sergeant Gavin Coleman told reporters Friday. “So, the statistics are showing us at the moment that we have more fatalities than last year but we can change that.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited