The Minister for Housing says he doesn't believe that media reports with details of the water commission are legitimate.
It emerged yesterday that a leaked document from the water commission indicated that water charges would be reinstated.
During negotiations earlier this year to form a partnership Government, Fine Gael agreed with Fianna Fail to suspend water charges while a commission was set up to investigate how the service should be paid for.
However, Minister Simon Coveney says he doesn't believe the sources which media outlets claim to have within the commission.
"Well first of all can I say that I was listening to a story that looked to me like an attempt to try and whip up a water debate again. I have no idea how RTÉ would have a clue what's in this report, it's not even finalised yet.
"I don't know what's in it, I'm not going to know what's in it until it's released. The commission is managing this in a very professional way and there are no leaks coming out."
Commission may recommend keeping some form of water charge https://t.co/VwexSgvKYO— RTÉ News (@rtenews) November 19, 2016