Wife-murder suspect Eamonn Lillis will go to trial over the killing of top advertising executive Celine Cawley, it emerged today.
A solicitor for the television producer told a Dublin court the case would proceed to trial.
Lillis, aged 51, who was released from custody yesterday, appeared briefly before Cloverhill District Court, where he was remanded on continuing bail for three months.
Solicitor Dara Robinson told District Judge Brian Sheridan both the defence and prosecution lawyers had consented to put back the case until March 10.
“This is a matter that will go to trial,” said Mr Robinson.
Ms Cawley, 46, was found unconscious on the patio of the couple’s exclusive north County Dublin home on the morning of December 15.
The mother-of-one died an hour later in hospital as a result of extensive head injuries inflicted with a brick.
Her husband, who told investigating officers he had seen a masked intruder run from the property, was charged with her murder a week after she died.
Yesterday Lillis, 51, was released from Cloverhill Prison after raising funds to meet strict High Court bail terms which were set on December 30.
He was eventually freed on his own bond of €150,000 and an independent surety of €50,000.
The Dubliner lodged €75,000 of the bond with the courts, while the surety was put up by his friend Gerard Kennedy.
The murder suspect left the prison in the same grey hoodie and white T-shirt he had been wearing on court appearances since he was charged last month. He crouched down in the back seat of a car which drove him away.
Today, the fresh-faced producer arrived wearing a stylish three-quarter length black coat, grey ribbed jumper and jeans.
He was driven to the courthouse by Mr Robinson and walked down the main road from the car park and entered through the front door of the courthouse.
Lillis waited patiently at the back of the court until his case was called at noon and, after the brief hearing, left with his solicitor in a silver coloured Honda Accord.
Mr Robinson asked that his client be remanded on continuing bail until the case is listed again before Court 44 in Bridewell District Court in March.
Under the terms of his bail, he must reside at his home at the family home Rowan Hill, Windgate, Howth and sign on daily at Howth garda station between 9am and 9pm.
Having already surrendered his passport, he must also give an undertaking not to apply for a new one.
Meanwhile, a man accused of stabbing to death Dublin mum Rebecca Hoban in a homeless shelter in Ranelagh was remanded in custody for four weeks during the same court sitting at Cloverhill.
Clive Butcher, a 43-year-old British national, will reappear before the court on February 3.