Father to hear whether daughter’s SNA will return

THE father of a girl with Down Syndrome is hopeful that her level of support in school will be restored following a meeting with Education Minister Mary Coughlan.

He said he expects to hear back from the National Council for Special Education (NCSE) within the next few days rather than waiting until September 26 when it is due to issue the outcome of a review of its earlier decision.

Andrew Boyle’s seven-year-old daughter Zoe returned to class at Araglin National School near Mitchelstown, Co Cork, last week. But her family has been told she is only entitled to have a special needs assistant (SNA) with her in class for five hours a week instead of the 25 hours of support she previously enjoyed.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited