Some days you’ve got to make your own sunshine, writes
Inspiration: Although staying home remains part of our social remit, there’s no reason our wardrobes should follow suit. Embrace the spirit of maximalism with loud colours, cacophonous prints, eclectic accessories and unabashed silhouettes. In the words of fashion legend Diana Vreeland, ‘the eye has to travel’. Let it roam!
1. Oversized blazer Tencell lyocell mini dress, & Other Stories, €179
2. Velcro sandals, ASOS Design, €22.21
3. Voluminous dress, H&M, €59.99
4. Mignonne Gavigan woodpecker swing earring, Loulerie, €319
5. Materiel tie-waist trousers, Net-a-Porter, €530
6. Solace London ‘Finley’ mini dress, Brown Thomas, €420
7. Satin mini bucket bag, Zara, €19.95
8. Necklace, Uterqüe, €89
- Inspire and be inspired by juicy hues from citrus neons to Cerulean blues and the contents of an exotic fruit bowl.
- Go big, go short or go home. Augmented shapes and abbreviated hems make an equally big statement for summer 2020 staycations.
- Eco-centric designer Mara Hoffman makes the trending puff sleeve the centre point of her spring/summer dress collection. Look closer at her ‘Freya’ midi dress for a unique popcorn-effect made from recycled Tencel fabric.
- Incorporate some well-deserved whimsy with New York-based jeweller Mignonne Gavigan’s signature couture creations. We love her feathered woodpecker swing earrings – a flamboyant find for ear candy fans.