WITH just four days to go until the most romantic day of the year, if you haven’t already picked out a present for your special someone you’d better get your skates on.
Help is at hand, however, as the beauty departments have been flooded with perfectly-timed perfume launches and neatly packaged sets ready to gift your guy or gal.
LAVISH YOUR LADY
* Lush Lots of Love, €52.95
Give the gift of bathtime bliss with this heart-shaped box of three fizzing bath bombs (including the adorable new Cupid) and other tub treats.
* Coach Eau de Parfum, €45 for 30ml, Debenhams
A fresh sensual scent to bring out your romantic side.
* Jo Malone London Red Roses Home Candle, €52, Brown Thomas
Get in the mood next Tuesday night with this rose-scented candle.
* Baylis & Harding Patchouli and Ylang Ylang Bath and Body Travel Bag Set, currently €25, reduced from €42, Debenhams
A skin spa to go, this exotically scented range comes wiith a body cleanser, cream wash, shampoo and conditions and oozes romance.
* Elie Saab Rose Couture Eau de Toilette Gift Set, currently €54.40, reduced from €68, Debenhams
One of the latest additions to the Elie Saab parfum family, Rose Couture marries the Queen of Flowers with orange blossom, peony and jasmine, creating a ravishing bouquet that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
* Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Fuchsia, €399.99, Boots www.boots.ie
For the woman who has every perfume and potion her heart desires, the Dyson Supersonic is a cut above your average grooming gadget.
The revolutionary hairdryer has been garnering rave reviews from beauty editors and shoppers alike, so it’s sure to impress.
PRESENTS FOR YOUR PRINCE
* Gucci Guilty Pour Homme Absolute, €68 for 50ml, Debenhams
Created by Gucci designer and man of the moment Alessandro Michele with renowned ‘nose’ Alberto Morillas, Guilty Absolute is a deep, woody concoction powered by not one but three different patchouli oils.
Like the house’s fashions, this is a scent for the man who wants to make a statement.
* Ferrari ‘Black’ eau de toilette gift set, currently €25.20, reduced from €35, Debenhams
While a Ferrari may be out of his financial reach, a splash of this lime, cardamom and cedarwood perfume will certainly put some va va voom into his day.
And we can’t imagine a more sophisticated kit bag for his toothpaste and brush. Bathroom chic at it’s best.
* Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense, €135 for 100ml, Brown Thomas
The latest launch in the ever-popular Cologne Intense line-up, Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka will certainly impress.
The woody, resinous blend, enriched with the sweetness of tonka, is so seductive you’ll probably end up stealing a spritz for yourself.
* Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng Football Wash Bag, €35, Debenhams
Unzip this vintage-style football to find a host of goodies — hair and body wash, shower gel, face wash and aftershave balm. Just what’s needed in the shower after a sweaty game.
* Philips Multigroom Series 3000 All-In-One Mens Grooming Kit, €49.99, Boots
A seven-piece wonder kit, this will keep your man looking trim all over. There are attachments for facial and body hair, along with rotary trimmer for those hard-to-reach nose and ear hairs.
There is even an attachment for hair cutting to keep his locks in place in between visits to the barbers.
* Clarins ‘ClarinsMen’ line control eye balm, €42, Debenhams
Give your man a lift with this super light balm which will help to keep fine lines at bay.
Soothing and packed with gentle moisturising ingredients, it’s guaranteed to put a smile on his face.