You’ve done enough of that already. I’d love to help, but I have a mental block about old age pensioners having sex, ever since I went on a date with an elderly member of the RCYC just because of the size of his house. The less said about his efforts to hoist his spinnaker the better.
#Laughing. Cork people are stunned at the news, we can’t believe there are two cities in the world nicer than Cork. Still, it was fantastic to beat Galway into fifth place. You’d think they’d be super-friendly given that 94% of them are bongo-playing hash fanatics. (The other 6% don’t have a bongo.)
I’ll check with Boris Johnson. I asked my Posh Cousin if it’s ever acceptable for a member of the cream of Cork society to be seen in a northside Shopping Centre. She said not really, unless they are opening it. I said, would she be better sticking to the one in Mahon Point so. She said do you mean the carpet or the cinema? I said good point.
This is a common problem. A lot of Posh Cork people coming back from Kerry in August find their kids sound like something you’d find on the ground in chipper in Tralee. Luckily, I have just launched an accent correction app called ‘Pretentious? Moi?’ The bad news is it costs €1500 and doesn’t do anything. The good news is you can boast to everyone that you can afford it. #KeySellingPoint.
My uncle William is a local history enthusiast. (Or Billy the Bore as we call him at home.) I asked him what would be a good topic for your book? He said the railway to Passage West. I said that’s fascinating. He said why. I said, imagine people wanting to go to Passage West.