Here are some of this week’s top showbiz quotes — straight from the mouths of the stars:
1. “It was my mistake. I should never have given you that song. You should never have been out of the competition at this point. It’s not you, it’s me.”
Simon Cowell was incredibly apologetic over his act Gifty Louise being sent home from The X Factor on Sunday, as he blamed himself for giving her Fifth Harmony’s song, I’m In Love With A Monster. Who knew he had such a soft side?
2. “There’s nobody that makes me think, ‘Wow, you’re fantastic.’ All this year’s girls are too lame, lack confidence and need a kick up the bum.”
Former Apprentice star Saira Khan did not hold back as she critiqued this year’s candidates in an interview with Hello! magazine.
3. “I’ve really enjoyed being here. This was a place for me to get to know my ‘female’ and this place allowed me to do that; the hair, the make-up, the production, the judges gave me great comments.”
Anastacia was booted out of Strictly Come Dancing, but her emotional thank you speech had fans welling up.
4. “I have low self-belief, even though my friends and family constantly build my confidence up. So it was a big moment in my life, probably the biggest so far. I felt that everything happens for a reason, and I did it, and that makes me smile so much. In fact, I can’t stop smiling.”
Candice Brown could barely believe it as she was crowned winner of The Great British Bake Off.
5. “I didn’t stop crying, I’ve never cried so much in my life and watching it at home with my mates eating a Chinese curry, it did seem like — knowing I should be there — it was really hard to watch.”
Laura Whitmore admitted her massive upset over having to miss one week of Strictly Come Dancing due to an ankle injury.
6. “I appreciate the honour so much. The news about the Nobel Prize left me speechless.”
Bob Dylan finally spoke out about his controversial Nobel Prize in Literature win. Perhaps his being rendered speechless is why it took the singer so long to come out with something?
7. “Just tried to get in a black cab with my kids. The driver looked at me and said , ‘Find an immigrant to drive you, you stupid tart’.”
Lily Allen took to Twitter to claim she was treated poorly by a cab driver. The alleged incident came after she visited the Calais Jungle and apologised to a refugee “on behalf of my country”.
8. “They say that guys can relate to it if you’ve had kidney stones and I’ve had kidney stones and let me tell you, I would have another 20 kidney stones rather than go through that again. That was hell.”
Peter Andre experienced labour pains using a special machine for a segment on Loose Women. It’s safe to say it’s an experiment he won’t be involved in again.
9: “I was chronically nervous to the extent that I had Colin Farrell giving me a back rub and whispering sweet nothings into my ear trying to calm me down.”
Eddie Redmayne revealed that his fellow Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them star had to do all kinds of strange things to soothe him before attending Comic Con for the first time. Err...