Tulisa released on bail following cocaine arrest
The 24-year-old singer â who found fame with N-Dubz â was arrested along with 35-year-old musician Mike GLC by appointment at a central London police station.
Their arrests came after the Metropolitan Police said its officers were âconsideringâ information after a newspaper suggested Contostavlos had acted as a go-between in a drug deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier.
The Sun On Sunday reported that about 15g of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at Londonâs Dorchester Hotel.
After he was bailed, Mike GLC spoke outside Belgravia Police Station where he insisted the pair were innocent and denied he was a drug dealer.
The musician said: âWe are innocent. We havenât been charged.â He said any evidence caught on camera had been âtaken out of contextâ and the duo were âset upâ.
âAnyone can edit or chop things together on video.
âThe truth will come out in the end. I donât want to go into much more detail.
âI am going home to be with my family. This is ruining my life.
âI am not a drug dealer. I have never sold drugs in my life.â
Contostavlosâs spokes- man declined to comment on the developments yesterday.
The singer was officially dropped as a judge on The X Factor just days ago, with Sharon Osbourne returning to the show in her place.
Contostavlos â whose debut solo album made it to only number 35 in the British charts â won an apology last year from a former boyfriend who leaked footage on to the internet of the two of them performing a sex act.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: âOfficers from Westminster have... arrested two people â a 35-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman â by appointment at a central London police station on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.â
A police spokesman said later that a 24-year-old woman and 35-year-old man had been bailed to a date next month, adding that two residential properties were searched as part of the investigation.





