- Scotland Yard review throws up new leads in Madeleine McCann case
Police in England say they have new leads in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who vanished in Portugal in 2007.
- Berlusconi’s party girls dressed as nuns, Obama
Silvio Berlusconi's private disco featured women dressed not just as sexy nuns and nurses, but also as President Barack Obama and a prominent Milan prosecutor that the former Italian premier has accused of persecuting him.
- Google Maps guide kidnap man home after 23 years
A Chinese man abducted more than two decades ago has found his way home thanks to Google Maps, according to a local newspaper.
- McCann's 'very pleased' as review uncovers 'investigative and forensic opportunities'
Madeleine McCann's parents are said to be "very, very pleased" with Scotland Yard's review of their daughter's disappearance, as it emerged detectives have identified "more than a handful of people of interest" in the case.
- Man in ‘mental block’ over what happened to April’s body
The man accused of murdering April Jones told police he had a "mental block" about what happened to her body, a jury has heard.
- Corrie actor Le Vell denies nineteen child sex offences
Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell denied a series of child sex offences when he appeared in court today.
- Passengers escape harm as airplane makes belly landing at US airport
A US Airways flight with 34 people aboard was forced to make a belly landing at Newark International Airport after experiencing landing gear trouble.
- Family 'devastated' as girl, 5, drowns in hotel pool
A five-year-old British girl who died in a pool at a hotel in Egypt has been named by her family, according to reports.
- Man drives car into hikers at parade in the US
Up to 60 people were injured when a driver described by witnesses as an elderly man drove his car into a group of hikers marching in a parade in a small Virginia mountain town.
- Mayor's 'crack video' causing a stir in Canada
A video purportedly of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack has caused an uproar in Canada. Mr Ford yesterday called the allegations "ridiculous".
- How Star Trek predicted the future
WHEN Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry first dreamed up the concept of a television show based in the unexplored universe of Outer Space in 1964, the world was a very different place.
- Perfume for summer: Let in the seasonal light
YOUR wardrobe isn't the only thing that needs updating once the barometer starts to rise.
- You’re not gay. You’re in a bromance.
Did you cry with your buddy while watching Fergie say farewell at Old Trafford?
- Inspiration of Donal Walsh revealed in essay before his death
Today, inspirational teenager Dónal Walsh will be buried. This is an essay he wrote about how he dealt with his two crushing cancer diagnoses
- Pro-life activists threaten to slit throat of TD
A Fine Gael TD has revealed that pro-life activists have threatened to slit her throat and burn down her house.
- ‘Love’ is a strong word to use, but it sums up my feeling for Munster
The latest addition to our stellar team of rugby writers reflects on the ups and downs of a magnificent playing career — and reveals the reasons why he's chosen to move to Paris to kick-start his coaching career.
- O’Sullivan reveals heartache behind West Cork divorce
It's a story familiar to GAA people all over the country. A stormy annual general meeting, members walking out, transfer applications handed in afterwards.
- I’m prepared to stay and fight for a bright future
More than 300,000 people have left Ireland in the past four years. Tempting as it is, Ruairí McKiernan is prepared to stay to help make the country a better place
- Inspirational teen Walsh passes away
Kerry teenager Donal Walsh has passed away after losing his battle with cancer.
- Dónal Walsh shouldn’t have had to endure such a poor health service
DÓNAL Walsh will be buried today having fought two battles in his short life — one with cancer and one with our health service.
- Dr Daniel McCartney: The 10 rules of dieting
IF THERE'S a season for dieting then it has to be summer.
- Cussen bags a brace as Cork come good in second half
Cork 5-14 Tipperary 0-24 The Cork senior hurlers bagged five goals on the way to a five-point win over Tipperary in a challenge match at Cloughduv last night.
- Teenage girl reported missing in Wexford
Gardaí in Wexford have appealed to the public to help trace a missing teenager this evening.