I won’t move for Ba, says Wenger

Arsene Wenger has ruled out a move for Newcastle striker Demba Ba, but appeared to back-track on claims he would not re-sign Thierry Henry for a third time.

I won’t move for Ba, says Wenger

Alan Pardew’s admission that he would let Ba leave Newcastle if he did not remove the £7.5 million (€9m) release clause in his contract sparked rumours that Arsenal would make a bid for the striker.

Wenger has struggled to fill the void left by Robin van Persie, and with 11 goals so far this season Ba would seem an ideal fit, but the Frenchman denied he was interested in signing the 27-year-old.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited