Tulisa Contostavlos put her Hollywood dreams on hold after she crashed her Ferrari on the wrong side of the road while drink-driving, a court has heard.
The former X Factor judge, 27, was banned from driving for 15 months after admitting being over the limit in the incident outside Southgate Tube station in north London on September 10 last year.
Contostavlos said she was “sleep-walking” or “sleep-driving” in an interview at the police station afterwards, prosecutor Tarika Jayaratne told Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
The singer has plans to launch an acting career with hopes to “break through” in the US, the court heard.
Mitigating lawyer Kirsty Brimelow QC said Contostavlos is “a very talented young woman” and is signed up by an agent in Hollywood, adding: “She has placed everything on hold because of this.”
Ms Brimelow said the conviction will cause the pop star “difficulties” working in America.
Contostavlos pleaded guilty to driving with 54 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath — the legal limit is 35 microgrammes.
The former N-Dubz star was ordered to pay a total of £1,185 and disqualified from driving. A charge of dangerous driving was dropped by prosecutors.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved