JAPAN’S industry ministry has ordered Apple to report on measures it will take regarding cases of its iPod Nano music player catching fire.
Overheating of the 2005 iPod Nano while charging has caused at least 27 incidents, including six fires that required firefighters to be called, an official said yesterday.
“Four people burned themselves after they touched the device, which had overheated during charging,” he said.
The setback follows the launch of Apple’s iPhone 4, which has been dogged by reception problems.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved