If you would like to submit a contribution to our Readers Blog section then follow this link. Be sure to include your full name, address and contact number otherwise your submission will not be considered for publication. We will contact you prior to publication.
THE Fás Lotto Show, starring Rody Molloy backed with full confidence by Tánaiste Mary Coughlan and Taoiseach Brian Cowen and signed off by Finance Minister Brian Lenihan.
Looking up some common idioms using the word “fast” and then substituting it with Fás offers some interesting malapropisms:
- Pull a Fás one: To successfully deceive someone.
- Life in the Fás lane: An exciting, active style of living that usually involves great wealth.
- No hard and Fás rules: If there are no such rules, then there are no clear rules which you must obey.
- Play Fás and loose with something: To treat something without enough care or attention.
- And finally ... a Fás talker: Someone who can talk in a clever way in order to persuade people to do or believe something, often something that is not honest or not true. And so it goes.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved