Munster club finalists Cratloe are to appeal the red card handed to Conor McGrath during Sunday’s Munster semi-final win over Ballinacourty.
McGrath received his marching orders two minutes into injury time for a striking incident involving Richie Foley, who was also dismissed.
The Clare hurler contributed 1-2 in the win and manager Colm Collins is optimistic that the 22-year-old will be cleared to play against Dr Crokes in Sunday week’s decider. “We watched the DVD back yesterday and we feel we have grounds for an appeal,” said Collins.
“If justice is done, Conor will get off. We feel we would have a good enough case, but you just don’t know with these things.”
Meanwhile, Sligo County Board secretary Gerry O’Connor said candidates are still being interviewed for the position of senior football boss.
O’Connor told the Irish Examiner that not all interviews had taken place and no timeframe had been set out to fill the role vacated by Kevin Walsh four and a half months ago.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved