* Plant comfrey, chamomile, chives or ramsons and other herbs that make garden fertilizers and pest remedies.
* If you have edible dahlias, Jerusalem artichokes and other perennial veg, now is time to lift and store (tenders) or lift and divide (hardies) to extend your crops again next year.
* Plum trees can be pruned if you’ve finished harvesting.
* Sow green manure into any empty beds .
* You can sow Mustard as a great green manure into bare patch once fully harvested - its root scent confounds the potato eel worm and other nematodes by tricking them into breeding at the wrong time.