* Cork Garden Club will host a talk by Jane McCorkell of the Garden and Landscape Designers’ Association, (GLDA), entitled: ‘Garden Design’ at Ashton School on Thursday Nov 14.
* Macroom Flower & Garden Club present, ‘The Joys of Christmas’, by Brid Coonan, (AOIFA) on Thursday Nov 14, 8pm at Coolcower House. Admission is €10.
* Any group in Cork interested in a composting workshop should contact email@example.com or 0877409304 and avail of the opportunity to learn from one of Ireland’s experts.The good news is that normally, these workshops are free.
* The next meeting of GIY Clonakilty takes place on Monday Nov 11 at 8pm in O’Donovan’s Hotel, Clonakilty. Internationally acclaimed garden expert and author Joy Larkcom will give a talk entitled: ‘The Traveller’s Tales’. Contact Susan 086-3451175
* Ballincollig Flower & Garden Club will host, ‘At Home for Christmas’ on Monday night, Nov 11 at 7.30pm in Oriel House Hotel. Tickets are €15 including refreshment.
* Clonakilty Flower Club will host Kevin O’Connell, chef and forager, on Mon night, Nov 11, at 8pm at Fernhill House Hotel.
* Dungarvan Flower and Garden Club presents, ‘Precious Gifts’ in the Park Hotel, Dungarvan on Wednesday, Nov 13 at 8.00pm. Tickets €10 at the door.
* Youghal Flower and Garden Club will hold their A G M on Wed, Nov 13 followed by a talk on interior design by Michelle O’Brien at 8 pm, Walter Raleigh Hotel. Please note change of date.
* A free talk by Margaret Griffin on “Floral Centrepieces for the Coming Season,” will be held on Wednesday Nov 13, starting at 12 noon at Griffin’s Garden Centre in Dripsey, Co Cork.